Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Epic Fail

We have all witnessed a good idea, person, movie or team that was well intentioned and carefully planned, but somehow thudded to the ground like a brick of lead.  Let’s stroll through memory lane to remember a few gems from our collective past.

#10 – Buffalo Bills
Not exactly a failure, but definitely not a success.  Recipients of the 2nd place red ribbon for a record 4 straight Super Bowls (err, Big Games).  Wide right!
 
#9 – Coors Sparkling Water
Coors sold bottled water?  They should have just changed the label on their beer cans.  Like the saying goes, “What does having sex in a canoe and American Macro Brews have in common?  They’re both $#@%-ing close to water.”
 
# 8 – 2007 New York Mets
Up seven with 17 to play, and Glavine’s seven runs given up in the first of the last game sealed the Metropolitans fate.

 #7 – Windows Vista
A platform hyped to no end that has essentially turned my home computer into one very large digital photo disk.

#6 – Michael Dukakis
 
Remember this guy?  Didn’t think so.  Oh think of how the 2000 election would have been so much different if he just hadn’t sat in that damn tank.

#5 – Any movie with Eddie Murphy after Coming to America in which he physically appears
Pluto Nash, BHC3, Vampire in Brooklyn, The Nutty Professor I & II, Doctor Doolittle, I Spy, Daddy Day Care, The Haunted Mansion, Norbit, Meet Dave, Pluto Nash (I had to include that one twice).  Party All the Time, Eddie!

#4 – Chris Gaines 
Garth Brooks alter-EGO.  Stick to the twang my friend.
 
#3 – New Coke
I remember this abomination when I had my first taste as a kid at a McDonalds.  I did not like, but I liked Like!

#2 – E.T. The Video Game
A horrific mash-up of bad programming and a plot that nowhere near resembled the original movie plot.  The game essentially killed Atari, but did make for an excellent episode of Code Monkeys.  A massive inventory of unsold games was crushed and buried in an Alamogordo landfill.  At least they didn’t bury them at sea, ahem, Sy Berger!

#1 – Yesterday’s Post
The new Ishtar of the baseball card blogosphere…  Yeah, me!  I will soldier on though.

4 comments:

PunkRockPaint said...

HA! I haven't seen the video yet... Waiting 'til things quiet down here at work. With that kind of build up, I can't wait!!!

Antici...


























pation!

Captain Canuck said...

I'm gonna need more than that to make sense of your contest/treasure hunt/puzzle.

me not that smrt.

Doc said...

Canuck! You'll be your back story and rules hopefully tomorrow and next Monday at the latest.

It will all make sense. Trust me!!

Analee said...

wait. it wouldn't have mattered what platform we had on our computer. with a wife that takes pictures and two kids to boot, that means you'll have a computer with tons of photo files... duh!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...