Tuesday, January 5, 2010

General Malaise

I'm back from vacation, and feeling just like the title suggests.  No, not like a long lost ancient Mongolian warrior, but just blah.  The time away from work was nice, but after blowing out my back on Christmas Eve (thank you Oxycontin) and having both kids get sick, one really bad with Hand, Foot and Mouth disease, I'm just not feeling the cards right now.

I had plans to finish my card closet, but with a bad back and sick kids, that dream vanished.  Best laid plans of mice and men.

So, I'm back at work with an office full of cards to trade and donate, and I'm just not that into it right now.  Could it be the 18 degree 4:30 a.m. drive to work?  Could it be the looming local media ripping apart my work program because of an ex-Governor's trespasses?  Could it be that I'm acting supervisor while my boss is at home with his newborn twins (congrats by the way!)?  Who knows.

What I do know is that I will get back in my saddle and start posting trades, cards that never were and random card rants (ahem, Mr. Mint) soon.  I toiled with the H word, but I know that is not the answer.  I am amazed at the amount of content my fellow bloggers are able to post continuously day in and day out.  Do you guys ever sleep?

Anyways, some of the posted trades ended, and another 270+ cards have been added to the donation pile.  I was hoping for a little more participation on the trades, but I am very grateful for those who have chimed in for some of the cards.  I also decided that for those who are my Followers, that I'd search their want lists before putting cards away in the donation box.  So, if you miss a few trade posts (WSC!), I'll still try and search your wants.

Blah.  Meh.  Blech.

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

uh... welcome back? heh... take it easy pal.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...