Monday, April 26, 2010

Welcome Home!

It is my pleasure to announce that my Brother-In-Law has safely returned from Afghanistan.  This was his third tour of duty with his previous two being in Iraq.  The 15th Engineer Company was gone for 362 days, and EVERY single one of the soldiers that left last April returned safe and sound this past Saturday.  Thank you God.

I am extremely proud of my BIL, and very thankful for the work that he and his Company did over there.  He worked on the construction of FOB Wolverine and FOB Delaram.  I saw him while he was on leave in December, and he was doing great. 

Last April, just prior to his deployment, he and I drove from Fort Knox to Dayton, Ohio to watch his cousin pitch opening day for the Dayton Dragons, the Single A Affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds.  His cousin is now the staff ace of the High A Lynchburg Hillcats.  

Now that my BIL is back, I can start publicly keeping an eye on his cousin via this blog.  Wade Boggs had fried chicken, Turk Wendell brushed his teeth between innings, and I never spoke of my BIL's cousin in the minor leagues.  Just didn't want to jinx anything.

I'll start up soon on the followings of Matt Fairel.  Does anyone know if he has a card?

Here are a few pictures of his tour and his home coming!



Welcome home Rob!!!!!

6 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Welcome home Rob! Thank you from all of us.

Rod (Padrographs) said...

Welcome Home and Thank you!

Captain Canuck said...

awesome.

welcome home.

PunkRockPaint said...

IF ANYONE DESERVES A BASEBALL CARD, IT'S ROB!

(I AM NOT YELLING... I PULLED MY CAPS LOCK MUSCLE THIS WEEKEND. OUCH.)

BrerSkwerl said...

First, "Welcome home, Rob!"... :)

Second, I would have guessed that FSU would have put out some promo items (i.e., trading cards given away at a game), and still bet there are some of those (based on how good FSU's program is, and therefore how likely it is that they have a big fan base that attends games and would require a promotions dept.); that aside, a refined Google search (http://www.minorleaguenetwork.com/kettleers1234.htm) suggests that he does have at least one MiLB card out so far, and that these cards can also be purchased here (http://www.kettleers.org/index.htm - check midway down the page), if you can't trade the dude in the first link for some...

Again, glad Rob's back! (And, typo alert - Isn't it the 19th Eng.?)

Doc said...

19th Engineer Battalion - 15th Engineer Company

No typos!

Also, thank you to all who have left your thanks. I know it means a lot.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...