Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2011 Tournament Seeding & Contest

For those who are interested, here is the seeding for the 2011 Baseball Tournament based on final regular season standings.  Unlike last years debacle (final results are in the post below), we'll open this tournament up to everyone.  All you have to do is claim one team per blog in the comment section.  The kicker this year will be that the winner will receive a lot of non-baseball cards.  With your team selection, enter your favorite NBA, NFL and NHL teams.  The grand prize winner will get all of the cards I have for their favorite NBA, NFL and NHL teams.  Anyone can pick the same teams, as there will only be one winner.  The runner up will get the grand booby prize, which will be determined, but I'm thinking that my Mork and Mindy, Close Encounters of a Third Kind, etc. cards need a new home, preferably not mine! 

Have fun!

The tournament will function as follows.  The seeds are based on 2010 regular season records.  Each round is broken into 32 games.  Whichever team wins the most games out of those 32 games advances.  Therefore, the first round consists of which team has the better record from Games 1 through 32.  Second round is Games 33 through 64, etc.  Tie breakers are based on best head to head record, then run differential.

Taken:
Angels (CL - Bengals, Devils and Heat)
A's (Fuji - Lakers, Packers, Sharks)
Astros (Dimwit - Rockets, Texans, Wild)
Blue Jays (Nathan - Bills, Leafs and Raptors)
Braves (MCT - Hawks, Falcons, Thrashers)
Brewers (Joe Punman - Vikings, Blues, Thunder)
Cardinals (Diamond King - Magic, Patriots, Kings)
Cubs (CubsFan731 - Grizzlies, Colts, ?)
Diamondbacks (Spookymilk - Wolves, Vikings, Wild)
Dodgers (Greg - Suns, Chargers, Ducks)
Giants (Mark - Lakers, Steelers, Penguins)
Mariners (Mariner1 - Sonics, Seahawks, Sharks)
Marlins (dgreen1899 - Sixers, Flyers, Cowboys)
Mets (BA Benny - Knicks, Jets, Islanders)
Nationals (Chris - Sixers, Steelers, Canes)
Orioles (MattH - Steelers, Penguins and Bullets)
Padres (Rod - Blazers, Chargers, Flyers)
Phillies (Dan - Sixers, Eagles, Flyers)
Rangers (PatP - Mavericks, Cowboys, North Stars / Stars)
Rays (Dayf - Hawks, Falcons, Blackhawks)
Reds (FanofReds - Raptors, Steelers, Penguins) 
Red Sox (Adam - Celtics, Steelers, Penguins)
Rockies (Jon - Bulls, Bears, Blackhawks)
Royals (Mad Guru - Steelers, Penguins, Grizzlies)
Tigers (RoofGod - ?, Packers, ?)
Twins (Rhubarb - Wolves, Vikings, Wild)
White Sox (WSC - Bulls, Bears, Blackhawks)
Yankees (DawgBones - Sixers, Vikings, Flyers)

Two more teams available! 

25 comments:

BrerSkwerl said...

I'm calling the first upset of the year... Nats talke out the defending champ Reds!

And, I did think of a very specific, non-baseball card that I wondered if you had... Mostly because I scored on him (that's right!) in a pick-up game once...

You're my boy, Blue! (Edwards...)

And, yes, I'm going to pick the Nats again, just because me picking the Phillies (as much as I grew up on them) would be just so unfair to the rest of ya...

BrerSkwerl said...

Oh, and 76ers, Steelers, and 'Canes...

Greg Zakwin said...

What the hell, I'll take the Dodgers.

Anaheim Ducks
Chargers
Suns

Rod (Padrographs) said...

I'll take the Padres. Blazers, Chargers and Flyers.

Dan said...

Phillies again.

Eagles, 76ers, Flyers

(how predictable)

Justin McLeod said...

Go Cubbies! CHC for me.

Justin McLeod said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RoofGod said...

Tigers for the win. Any Packers when I do when.

Anonymous said...

MN Twins

Don't really have favorites in the other sports, so I'll just say the MN teams there as well.

Nachos Grande said...

I'll take the Reds again, why not? And Steelers, Penguins, and uhm, I don't watch basketball at all - are the Raptors still a team? I like dinosaurs.

Play at the Plate said...

Rangers please!

Stars, Cowboys, Mavericks.

Thanks!!

Fuji said...

Are the A's still available? If so... San Jose Sharks, Green Bay Packers, & Los Angeles Lakers.

Justin McLeod said...

I forgot to pick my other teams-Colts and Grizzlies. I don't know a thing about hockey, and definitely not any of the teams.

AdamE said...

I'll take the Red Sox. My other favorite teams are Steelers, Penguins, and Celtics.

Steve Gierman said...

White Sox. As for non-baseball teams... Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks.

The Diamond King said...

I'll take the Cardinals!

Patriots, Magic, Kings

Dawgbones said...

What the heck, Yankees please!
Flyers, Sixers, and Vikings, (unless Philly offloads Vick)

McCann Can Triple said...

Braves ;)


As for teams, Hawks, Falcons and Thrashers

BA Benny said...

very much. I am new to your blog thanks to Troll's link and like it I'm game. Mets please.

Jets, Knicks, Islanders.

Mariner1 said...

I'm in for the Mariners.

As for the rest how about Seattle SuperSonics, Seattle SeahawksN and the San Jose Sharks.

dayf said...

Since Troll led me here I'll represent the Rays.

Falcons, Hawks and Blackhawks. I like Chris Chelios better than the Thrashers eight now.

The Dimwit said...

I'll take the Astros...

Texans, Rockets and... hockey? what is this "hockey" you speak of? lol... I guess I'll take the Minnesota Wild, they're still in the NHL right?

Community Gum said...

What the heck...I'll try the Rockies along with Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks.
Awesome idea for a contest!
--Jon

Joe Punman said...

No one's taken the Brewers yet? I'll go with them.

NFL - Vikings
NHL - Blues
NBA - Thunder

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time I was the mascot for the Diamondbacks' low-A team, so I should probably pick them and an obvious first-round exit.

Wolves, Vikings, Wild

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...