Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Five Cinderellas Need a Date to the Dance

  Click to enlarge the newly revamped bracket

This is the final day to enter the contest!  The Brewers, Diamondbacks, Pirates, Indians, and Royals need a suitor.  The Brewers are a steal for anyone entering this tournament at the last minute.  Plus, last year the #16 seed Nationals knocked off the #1 seed in the first round and made it to the Elite Eight, so don't be shy to take one of the remaining cellar dwellars.

The tournament functions as follows...  The seeds are based on 2010 regular season records.  Each round is broken into 32 games.  Whichever team wins the most games out of those 32 games advances.  Therefore, the first round consists of which team has the better record from Games 1 through 32.  Second round is Games 33 through 64, etc.  Tie breakers are based on best head to head record, then run differential.

I've added a consolation game this year to the bracket to determine the 3rd place winner.

Grand prize wins all of my non-set cards for their favorite NFL, NHL and NBA teams.  Runner-up wins all of my non-set cards from two of their three teams, and third place gets all of my non-set cards from one of their three picks.  The winners will have to comment on the final tournament standings within 3 days of winning to collect.

Enter if you want free cards!

3 comments:

Mad Guru said...

I'll enter just to root for the Royals to topple the Red Sox.

Royals - and we'll go with Steelers, Penguins and Grizzlies

Rod (Padrographs) said...

Doc, I cant remember if I am already in or not. If not I will take the Brewers.

Doc said...

Rod, you're in. You already snagged the Padres with the Blazers, Chargers and Flyers as your picks.

Hey, I found an autographed 8x10 of Randy Jones in my attic, are you interested?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...