Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3rd - 2011 MLB Tuesday Tournament Update

Well, we're down to the wire in 10 match-ups, and everything will be resolved by next week's update.  The Phillies, Marlins, Rockies and Indians have all punched their cards to the Sweet 16 thanks to the Pirates, Dodgers, Mets and White Sox putting up little fight.  I guess that statement isn't quite true for the Dodgers, as they were faced with the buzz saw also known as Florida, but I'm a Padre fan so I'll let that comment stand.

Several of the final match-ups are still extremely close to call, so after the jump, I provided a breakdown of each teams remaining opponents for the first 32 games.  Unfortunately, no head to head match-ups will occur to decide the winner, save for one game between the Brewers and the Cardinals.

Enough of my prattling, here is the bracket as it stands with the Magic Number and Game Lead to peruse... 

 Click to enlarge
And here are the games remaining:

Brewers @ATL @ATL @ATL @STL
Cardinals FLA FLA FLA







Nationals @PHI @PHI @PHI @FLA
Reds HOU HOU HOU @CHC






Diamondbacks COL COL COL @SDP @SDP
Giants @NYM @NYM @NYM COL






Astros @CIN @CIN @CIN @PIT
Padres PIT PIT ARI







Cubs @LAD @LAD CIN CIN
Braves MIL MIL








Mariners TEX TEX TEX

Twins @CHW @CHW @BOS @BOS @BOS






Angels @BOS @BOS @BOS

Blue Jays @TBR @TBR @TBR DET






Royals BAL BAL BAL OAK
Red Sox LAA LAA LAA MIN






Orioles @KCR @KCR @KCR TBR TBR
Rangers @SEA @SEA @SEA







Tigers NYY NYY NYY

A's CLE CLE CLE


Finally, I'll have a trade post up shortly about a nice package I received from Crinkly Wrappers that has put a sizable dent in my quest for 2011 Topps Series One.  I surmise that based on his apparent generosity and humbleness, one of you readers will get a nice gift from me.

1 comment:

BrerSkwerl said...

So close... I was hoping to last as long as last year! Oh, well...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...